Honey Crisp Apple Pie
Nothing says fall like an amazing apple pie. Learn how you can put local Collin's Family Orchards apples to great use.
Honeycrisps are not usually the first apple variety that people think of when it comes to pies, but they bring a great balance of sweet and tart while still holding their shape under heat. This recipe includes a homemade crust!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided, plus more for rolling
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and frozen for 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, chilled
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 3 1/2 pounds Honeycrisp, Braeburn, or Golden Delicious apples, or a mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Coarse sugar, for sprinkling